Children's Dining Etiquette Workshop
This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
Present your child with the opportunity to feel self-reliant and confident in any social or dining situation by taking interactive lessons taught by a certified etiquette consultant. Our workshop is designed to teach them how to conduct themselves on the dining table at home, in a restaurant or when meeting new people. Teaching children proper dining skills and table manner helps them to succeed at school, socially, and later, professionally. Some food samples will be served during class. Dietary restrictions can be accommodated. Please inform us of any food allergies when signing up. Instructed by New England School of Protocol.
- Approaching and seating at the table
- The napkin and its uses
- Understanding place setting
- How to correctly hold silverware
- The bread & butter plate
- The soup course
- Proper use of silverware American and Continental styles of dining
- Passing food at the table
- What to do with unwanted food
- Appropriate table conversation
- Excusing yourself from the table
- Other table manners & much more
- Zoom links are sent the day prior.
- Please make sure your child’s screen is set up so students are able to stand in front of the screen from the waist up as we will discuss posture and body language.
- Please set your child up somewhere in the house where there will be no distractions, it is extremely beneficial to minimize background noises. Noises can be very distracting for all students attending the program
- Please make sure your child has a pen/pencil and paper with them along with the printed sheet/sheets emailed before the lesson.